Cryptic #1

Here is a new puzzle for you, and it's a cryptic!! I've secretly wanted to make a cryptic this whole time!!

I've been interested in cryptic crosswords for a very long time, but have never tried to make one myself because I didn't know how. But meeting people through crosswords over the last year (?) has finally given me the courage I need to try one. But making a cryptic, just like solving a cryptic, is extremely difficult!! So for guidance I turned to the one and only Steve Mossberg aka Square Pursuit aka Square Chase aka The Cryptic Mensch™. Steve was extremely kind and generous in helping me figure out what I'm doing, and very patient as we worked over these clues. I am very grateful to Steve for all of his help!

If you have feedback on this puzzle, I would love to hear it because I would like to keep making cryptics and want to get better at it. Also, while this crossword does not have a theme, there are a few answers meant to be an homage to two of the greats. Hope you enjoy!

(If you don't know how to solve cryptics, here are a few resources for you: Francis Heaney's guide to cryptics from AVCX; Stella Zawistowski's Decrypting the Cryptic series; joeadultman's Cryptics 101; and elderism's online guide. Also get in touch with me if nothing makes any sense!! (Related to the puzzle, that is.))

[.puz] [Direct Crosshare link]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick Puzzle, Bro

B-Day (with Quiara Vasquez!)

Street Finder (Semi-Themeless #3)