Quick! (Cryptic #2)

Hello! It has been a busy couple of weeks for me, coming back from ACPT and then to visit my family for Passover. (Quick note about ACPT: it was so much fun, I met so many amazing people, and performed better than I thought possible! Hello if I met you there! You are great!)

Today's puzzle is not the one I thought I was going to make! I try to keep to a schedule of posting every two weeks, but I had absolutely nothing planned for today. I came up with a very quick sort-of theme that didn't quite work, and decided to livestream the construction on Twitch, hoping to finish within a few hours so that I could post it tonight. But when i began using Ingrid (a fantastic program by the way!! This was my first time using it!), I was encouraged by chat to turn that theme into a cryptic crossword instead of an American-style one. This was very unexpected!! I do not recommend doing this!!

With the help of the people in chat, we were able to create and clue a whole cryptic crossword. I still don't know how this was possible! But it would definitely have not happend without the chatters, who had suggestions and clues that helped push me on. I definitely think of this as more of a co-construction! Thank you especially to: dreadpiraterich, sazde, JMBrow29, frisco17mashups, Pixlate, juffo_wup, brknFixie, ForgeBots, and StJtB7650.

Because I constructed this live in front of an audience, I did not bother to have this test solved. I wanted to preserve the very rushed nature of trying to make a cryptic crossword in one day. So I hope you enjoy! If you solve it, and especially if you find errors or have complaints, please let me know! I am trying to get better!! Hopefully a non-rushed puzzle will appear in two weeks. (Also those in the Los Angeles area should check their newspapers this Thursday!)

[.puz] [Direct Crosshare link]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick Puzzle, Bro

B-Day (with Quiara Vasquez!)

Street Finder (Semi-Themeless #3)