Succession Spoiler

Hello! I am posting this after having completed my move to (spoiler for last month's puzzle (explanation below)) New York! I have been very busy trying to get things done and also I need a job and a place to live, but I am here! However, Babka and Paprika are currently with a cat sitter, as the hosts we're staying with right now are allergic to cats. As you can see above, though, Babka has made himself at home. He was a little upset about the flight (i.e. constant meowing), but he seems happier now. I can't wait until we can all be in the same place again!

In the meantime I have a new puzzle for you! This is one has a (quite mild) spoiler for the final episode of "Succession," which, I realize, has been over for like a month and a half already, meaning it's extremely old news. I mean who cares?!?! But either I have trouble letting go, or I am slow-moving and just take a while to get around to things. Either one works. Norah Sharpe test solved this puzzle and called it "really cute." Let me know if you solve, and please enjoy!

[.puz] [Direct Crosshare link]

And now an explanation of the meta from last month's puzzle, "Lost Items."

There were four theme answers that each had a "lost item" that was mean to be found inside. The four answers were:

Qualities of a good grillmaster? = STEAKSKILLS
Cake platform, maybe? = DESSERTLIFT
A sluice or canal lock, for one? = WATEROPENER
Where to find supervisors to complain to in your locality? = COUNTYBOARD

The idea was that there were words that go after the first half and before the second half of each answer. So you would get:

STEAK KNIFE SKILLS
DESSERT FORK LIFT
WATER BOTTLE OPENER
COUNTY CORK BOARD

You may already be able to figure out the answer from here, if you know the rhyme: "A knife, a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way you spell New York." But just in case you haven't heard that before, the clue for 9-Down pointed to a URL, tinyurl.com/knifeforkbottlecork, which links to the Dillinger song "Cocaine in My Brain" in which the lyrics use the four items to give the "right way and the proper way to spell New York."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sick Puzzle, Bro

B-Day (with Quiara Vasquez!)

Street Finder (Semi-Themeless #3)